The accredited curriculum is designed and taught to prepare students for success in college.
To satisfy the requirements for a diploma, a student must earn the required number of credits, must pass all courses taken during the Senior year, and must cooperate with all school policies, rules and regulations.
A credit is defined as a completed unit of study. An hour of work is the equivalent of 47 minutes of class time (often called a “contact hour”). A minimum of 120 hours of work by each student is required for each unit of credit. Ordinarily, a course must cover a year-long period for every unit of credit given.
Students at Cristo Rey OKC are required to take a between 31.5 – 33.5 credits over their four years. Cristo Rey OKC’s curriculum will also include Advanced Placement (AP) and honors courses. Ordinarily, a course must cover a year-long period for one credit.
Required credits include:
- English – 4 Credits (1 credit = 1 full year of instruction)
- History – 4 Credits
- Mathematics – 4 Credits
- Religion - 4 Credits
- Science - 4 Credits
- Spanish - 2 or 3 Credits
- Corporate Work Study Program - 4 Credits
- Physical Education – 1 Credit
- Health – 0.5 Credit
- College Prep/College Counseling – 1 Credit
- Fine Arts – 1 Credit
- Electives – 2-4 Credits
Total = 31.5 – 33.5 Credits necessary to graduate.
Other Graduation Requirements:
- ALL Cristo Rey OKC students must take the ACT test at least twice: in the spring of their junior year and in October of senior year.
- ALL Cristo Rey OKC students must complete Christian Service hours each year.
- Students in Advanced Placement courses must take the related Advanced Placement Exam.
- All Seniors must apply to at least five colleges (including four 4-year colleges)
The faculty will work closely with each student and help them to develop skills necessary for life-long learning including creativity, curiosity, critical thinking, problem solving, communication, and collaboration. In the process, students will gain a deep understanding of both themselves and the world around them.